Skip to main content

Cuaderno Interactivo Estudiantil (Interactive Student Notebook -ISN)

Well I can't pretend that the last couple of weeks haven't been INSANELY busy. This weekend is much needed. This year I've decided to teach my jr. high kiddos with an Interactive Student Notebook, or as we say in Spanish: Cuaderno Interactivo Estudiantil. If you're interested in setting up one up, here's a great site that I used:

http://everybodyisageniusblog.blogspot.com/p/interactive-notebooks.html

 It is a LOT of work putting together the notebooks, and we've had our classes reduced by 20 minutes this year. However, what I love the most about this, is that it's challenging me as a teacher to come up with new, unique ideas. I find that I'M enjoying this as well. My advanced students are more vocal about this than my intro, but they seem to love it.

Here's some pics of my notebook (I use this to teach the students):




Front cover




This is the syllabus page.




This is a page that I created for Subject Pronouns. 

Also, I created a foldable for Subject Pronouns. The English is on the inside, and on the inside flap is "Talking about myself, talking TO a friend, etc."  I will try to get this posted on my TPT page this weekendI really liked this better than my average old chart, and my students were using it while doing work. Success!

I've been getting a lot of positive feedback from my students about how much they're enjoying class this year, and that the notes are way better. It makes me feel great about all of the hard work/effort I've been putting into this! :)


Here's what I'm using for Notebook planning:
ISN Notebook Planner


I will be back with more ideas soon! Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think.




Comments

  1. Hola Srta.Libertad! I am so glad I stopped by to see your notebook!!! I love your ideas!! Keep them coming! And I love your classroom setup! I just had to relocate my classroom to the other side of the building! Needless to say I have spent tons of time redecorating this past Friday!! Anyway, your posts have great ideas! Can't wait to collaborate! :-)

    Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karmen,

    Thanks so much! ¡Muchas gracias! I'm going to make a goal of trying to update as much as possible, I'm so glad that my ideas were helpful. I can only imagine trying to relocate a classroom, no me gusta. I think collaboration is a must for us teachers!

    Hasta luego! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, I'm using interactive student notebooks with my middle students this year too. I'm loving using them and I'm pretty sure that my students are as well. Since school has obviously consumed my life, I don't have any posts about it yet. I just keep convincing myself that I will write a bunch of posts during the Christmas break :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the great site that you used? I don't see a link! I definitely want to do this but am looking fora step-by-step guide to get me started

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Karen,

      Whoops! Sure, here's the site that I used to get started on my ISN's.
      http://everybodyisageniusblog.blogspot.com/p/interactive-notebooks.html


      Also, pleas check out my Pinterest board if you're interested in starting. I have a ton of links there as well.
      https://www.pinterest.com/srtalu/interactive-student-notebooks-isn-cie-espa%C3%B1ol/

      Please let me know if you have any other questions!
      Adios,
      Erin

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School Blessing!

What?! Already?! Yesterday in church, we received the "back to school blessing" for teachers and students. It seems like summer just started, especially because we had a lot of snow days this winter. At any rate, I thought I'd share some ideas that I've been creating for this upcoming school year. What does my grade mean poster? On certain in-class assignments, I assign students a check system. It's something that I started doing, mostly because my cooperating teacher did this when she graded. I don't like to do this for everything, but when I was looking through Pinterest this summer, I saw this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/282389839110118519/ *please reference the pin above, I'm not sure who created this, so if you know, please let me know!* It made me realize, this is basically what I've been doing. So I've created this . It reminds of a proficiency based scale at the bare minimum. I don't use as many numbers, as I use symbols

Spanish All Around You!

I'm finally starting to get in the swing of things again this year, and I, of course, got the infamous "back-to-school-cold"!  So sorry for not updating in a while. I wanted to share with you a wonderful project that I love having my students complete.  Now, my students do not live in a town that has a high population of Hispanics, especially in our schools. So I created "Spanish All Around You" project.  They were constantly telling me that they didn't see Spanish in our town, or that they didn't know anyone, so I needed to change that!  It's pretty basic, I have them go around THEIR community and collect 6 items in Spanish. It can be anything they have at home (cell phone instructions, xBox instructions, hair straightener, etc) or they can go around the community (restaurants, library, grocery store, etc.) to find the items. I even had a student find some Spanish on a visor in their parent's car (the air bag warning). It's always awe